Boron nitride is a synthetic boron-based inorganic compound used in cosmetics and personal care products to increase adherence of various colour pigments and act as oil absorbent. The hexagonal form corresponds to graphite and is the most stable and softest amongst the BN polymorphs, and is therefore used as a lubricant and an slip additive to products. Also used as alternative to the dry lubricant molybdenum disulfide in industrial applications
Boron Nitride powder facilitates the dispersion of powder pigments,micas and oxides and increase colour rendition in many powder formulations. It is made from non-animal derived materials, it contains no preservatives, is non-sensitive to pH, inert, stable and non-toxic.
Boron Nitride adds a smooth, silky and adherent property when adding in a formulation largely due to the platelet morphology of this hexagonal crystalline ceramic. It supplies to the formulated product a soft focus, unique texture, and an oil absorbent-decreasing tackiness resulting in a smooth, silky and soft lubricious feel.
Used for colour cosmetic formulations such as two-way compacts, concealers, foundations, eyeshadows, powders and blushers, skincare, lipsticks and more where it provides additional slip and payoff..
Boron Nitride powders
• Can mask the appearance of fine lines on skin
• Typically provide the highest lubricity among comparable ingredients
• Combine both slip and adherence in one ingredient
• Can create longer wearing, transfer-resistant products
• Have excellent oil absorption properties
• Provide excellent pigment dispersion capability
• Offer special pigment effects through crystalline variation
Our Boron Nitride powder frequently delight formulators and faces all over the world.
| INCI Names
||> BORON NITRIDE
| Product Status
|| COMMERCIAL available
CAS Number 10043-11-5